Project dimensioning and design
Are you looking for parameters and dimensioning to build your factory or pilot-plant?
Insect.Systems can provide an initial quick project set-up or detailled plans and calculations.
① Project Feasibility Plan & Scenarios
For operations using above 50 tons of feedstock per day, Insect.Systems provides the technical project plan, feasibility and calculations, for your specific situation:
- A factory will be different if making insect meal by pressing dry larvae, than when using a wet decanter process.
- Similarly, a different technology package will be required is the feed substrate used, is made of mixed waste stream, or just brewers’ grain.
Such factors have a huge impact on the design, and need to be taken into account from the start of the project.
Typical deliverables can include:
Operational Mass Balance
Process flow diagrams
Area m2 of the facility
Systems and equipment list
Installed kW, water usage, emissions, etc
Initial 3D model
Estimative CAPEX and OPEX
② Factory Design & Construction
For the design and build of the factory Insect.Systems provides engineering services at several levels:
- Design of Feed preparation Plant, Rearing, Reproduction and Processing.
- Selection of HVAC, level of automation, etc.
- The logic and design of all steps focuses on HACCP / FSCC 22.000
- Support for permit requests and certifications.
- Interaction together with the customer with selected suppliers
All-round equipment and selection of suppliers
In the Factory Design phase we can involve our network of suppliers, or the preferred suppliers of the customer. Our goal is to use 90% off-the-shelf equipment, specialised equipment being only necessary for the for insect reproduction breeding.
③ General Support, Factory Start-Up & Training
During any of the stages of the project, our experts can provide expert support on a wide range of areas such as, reproduction-breeding, HVAC settings for your conditions, development and making the end-products, to name a few.